IOUG Virtual Forum @ COLLABORATE 18
COLLABORATE 18 - IOUG Forum Virtual Conference
Can’t make it to COLLABORATE this year but still need to access user-focused education on Oracle technologies? Join us for the IOUG Virtual Forum @ COLLABORATE 18, a virtual group training approach that offers your organization more than 42 sessions of focused training to meet your organization's business needs at a cost-effective price.
For $199, IOUG Virtual Forum @ COLLABORATE 18 attendees will be able to choose to attend sessions from selected tracks. You will be able to watch the webinars and receive the recordings. The $295 bonus package will give you an additional set of recordings captured from other tracks of the live event in Las Vegas. View the agenda!
Virtually participate in live sessions led by Oracle expert users, consultants and key engineers and even ask questions of the speakers as if you were in the room!
What the IOUG Virtual Forum @ COLLABORATE 18 Means for Your Organization
- Group training* that provides your team with an unlimited number of seats to access the best in Oracle education without the associated travel and lodging expenses of physically attending the conference in Las Vegas
- Virtual interaction with a wide range of speakers and subject matter experts
- Selection of over 42 sessions of live, quality streaming content (selected by popular choice) that run concurrently throughout the main event
- Unlimited on-demand access to the recorded video/audio proceedings after the event is over
* While group set-up provides the highest return on investment, virtual access can also be set-up at the individual level.
How It Works
- Register for your group seat license.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation along with detailed instructions on virtual set-up.
- Any time before the event, you and/or your team member(s) select the session curriculum from the virtual program.**
- While you and/or your team member(s) can access the virtual program individually, it is recommended that you reserve a conference room or specific location prior to the event for the highest return on investment and engagement among the team.
** Note: Sessions range from 30-minute and one-hour sessions.
Justify Your Attendance
We want to make it as simple as possible for you to attend the IOUG Virtual Forum.
Please download the Justification Letter for the IOUG Virtual Forum, personalize the letter with your specific business case and send it to the proper decision maker to gain approval.
*times are listed in Pacific Standard Time
Monday, April 23
Tuesday, April 24
Wednesday, April 25
|8:30 - 9:30 am
||ASM Internals - What You Need to Know
Jared Still, The Pythian Group
|Application Containers - Multitenancy for Database Applications
Markus Flechtner, Trivadis GmbH
|9:45 - 10:45 am
||Thick as a Brick: Leveraging the ThickDB Paradigm to put Application Code in its Place
James Czuprynski, ViON
|Oracle 12.2 - My Favorite Top 5 New or Improved Features
Janis Griffin, SolarWinds
|11:00 am - 12:00 pm
||Getting the Most out of your Oracle 12.2 Optimizer (i.e. The Brain)
Janis Griffin, SolarWinds
|The (Un)loved Child of Generation Cloud: Oracle Performance on VMware
Martin Klier, Performing Databases GmbH
|12:15 - 12:45 pm
||QUICK TIP: Virtualized Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) - Containers and VMs for RAC
Markus Michalewicz, Oracle
|1:30 - 2:30 pm
||Understanding and Optimizing Oracle Memory Serialization Access (Latches and Mutexes)
Craig Shallahamer - OraPub, Inc.
|Hit Refresh with Oracle GoldenGate Microservices
Bobby Curtis, Oracle
|4:15 - 5:15 pm
||What Every DBA Needs to Know About Oracle Application Express (APEX)
Francis Mignault, Isum Solutions
|Oracle Database In-Memory: Past, Present and Future
Tirthankar Lahiri, Oracle America
Thursday, April 6